Thursday, October 22, 2020

Dental Work in Mexico

 Getting ready to get some dental work done in Mexico.  I made the appointment for myself and my husband to see Dr Parra in Los Algodones.  Everything I've read about him on line has been positive.  It's not that I can't afford the work to be done in US but it seems so expensive here.  No, it is so expensive.  I know there's a higher overhead for offices, regulations, licensing, taxes here but does it amount to being 3 times the price as Mexico?  I feel that there is some price fixing being done here.  Why is there no competition resulting in a lower price?  I don't get it.  The other thing that bothers me is that they charge a much higher price for people without insurance.  It should be illegal to charge different prices for different people.  Anyway, I'll be getting my first appointment in about 2 weeks.  My sons have tried to dissuade me but the first appointment will only be an x-ray and a treatment plan.  I'll be able to make a claim to my insurance company (yes I have insurance) to see if they will cover it.  I will also be able to see if I'm comfortable with the doctor and his office.  

Yelp Reviews

Someone's Visit to Dr. Parra:


No comments:

Post a Comment