Friday, July 23, 2021

Covid Risk for Myself

 I've been pressured to get the 'jab' by a family member.  I've resisted as I feel my risk is low despite being an older person.  I'm going to try to investigate my risk and use this blog to keep track of my sources and reactions to them.  Here is the first article by the NIH:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33289900/

The important sentence in this article is this:
The infection fatality rate (IFR) is 

"1.4% at age 65, 4.6% at age 75, and 15% at age 85. "

Now what I would like to know is;  of that percentage of seniors how many of them had comorbidities?  So what is the rate of death for someone who is symptomatic covid at age 70 without any comorbidities? I would think less than half.  So off the top of my head for every 100 people age 70 who get covid without any other chronic illnesses, only 2 or 3 of them will die.  That doesn't seem too dangerous to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment