This is a sad day for me. I have a lot of fears regarding this presidency. I know that a president's wish list doesn't always come to fruition. Look at Trump's wall. Anyway, here's my list:
* Mask mandate. Seems unconstitutional and don't know how it would be implemented.
* More censorship. On the plus side maybe it will open up the field to some alt-tech sites.
* Higher prices at the gas pump. Biden wants to crack down on fossil fuel production, stop fracking and pipelines. This will also increase the cost of food and other products due to transportation costs.
* Pledge to defeat domestic terrorism. Will this be a way to put people who disagree with on a 'no flight list' or prohibited from owning firearms?
* Forced vaccinations via a health passport
* Ramp up of military conflicts. Time will tell.
* Increase in illegal and legal immigration. This is not a time to increase competition for jobs when we have so much unemployment.
* Higher taxes, higher debt and inflation the ++$$trillion budget is staggering. Debt causes inflation and the higher prices. Our fixed income will be worth less.
One the other hand, I think Trump is a coward for not pardoning Julian Assange and the other whistleblowers. He pardoned many others including 2 border patrol cops who murdered an illegal who was trying to cross back to Mexico by shooting him in the back.
Luckily I have few expenses and needs. I can live with far less but mostly fear for my kids and grandkids who will inherit the debt. Hopefully, we will get through this.
No comments:
Post a Comment